Capital city RR from Simadi
The Cathedral of Christ the Saviour is the tallest Eastern Orthodox church. The Cathedral was consecrated on the very day Alexander III was crowned, 26 May 1883. On 5 December 1931, by order of Stalin's minister Kaganovich, the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour was dynamited and reduced to rubble. With the end of the Soviet rule, the Russian Orthodox Church received permission to rebuild the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour in February 1990. The completed Cathedral of Christ the Saviour was consecrated on the Transfiguration day, 19 August 2000.