Private swap from jerome

In the center of the square Place Bellecour, there is an equestrian statue of Louis XIV, made by François-Frédéric Lemot. It is accompanied, at his feet, by two allegorical statues of the Saône and the Rhône, created by brothers Nicolas and Guillaume Costou in 1720. The base came from a village in the Beaujolais : Le Perréon. The first statue was created in 1713 and destroyed during the French Revolution, in 1793, to make it cannons. In 1825, the current statue, sculpted in Paris by François-Frédéric Lemot, was installed on the square. Historic Site of Lyon is UNESCO WHS.

No comments:

Post a Comment